2 weeks back I started working on a web development project as my weekend project to experiment on Atom & XMPP. Later I was confident to forward-factor the experimentation to a real-valued project that I was thinking for a long time - a seamless team collaboration and communication platform. All the communication and collaboration can be done from just a single page.
The business driver behind the idea:
- Single page team collaboration suite
- Project status, stories and discussions are on the live dashboard – real-time, editable, provokes participation
- Developer friendly way of on-time reporting (consolidation is automatic) – just by setting the status message of your messenger/communicator
- Chat on the page
- Real time discussion on the dashboard – makes other people aware about others activities and provokes for participation. Imagine 2 guys discussing about Hibernate and is on the show on dashboard – can you take a seat back and just ignore it?
- Assign, track and manage tasks – all online
- Manage contacts – nothing new but can’t live without it
- Call contacts
- Reduces the need for email exchange – emails are difficult to track
- Open cultured team collaboration with improved communication
- You are always aware what is happening in your team - no matter who are you (although access rights can be implemented)
The salient features of this product are:
Feed (Atom with optional RSS support) based project tracking, project story, project discussion, announcements etc.
Presence (XMPP) based reporting – open reporting model
Task definition, allocation and tracking
VoIP calls (SIP based)
Post a Comment